Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Study on Web Useability

I subscribe to the e-newsletter from Jakob Nielsen. He's a Web usability genius and leader in the industry for many many years. I got this exciting (but to me, obvious) news in my inbox today.

Summary:

As 3 studies of journalists show, they use the Web as a major research
tool, exhibit high search dominance, and are impatient with bloated sites
that don't serve their needs or list a PR contact.

What does this tell us, PR people? EVERYTHING. To me, it reinforces my main point in this business, that your Web site is your BEST PR tool. So use it! Use it to your full advantage! At least this is what I'll be telling clients and working toward for the rest of my working life.

For more on the study: http://www.nngroup.com/events

No comments: